Sunday, February 1, 2009

So... I'm not a fashionista when it comes to picking jeans

I love shopping, however, sometimes I tend to buy what is on sale and not what I actually need. Thinking back, perhaps my "newest" pair of jeans were marked down for a reason. It's funny how we only see what we want... I could stand in front of the mirror for hours and I thought I looked great; the jeans were flattering, new and made me feel adventureous. It took me 5 years to realize how deceptive the jeans & the mirror was. They showed me only what "I" wanted to see. We have all had moments when we knew it was over, but didn't know quite what to do about it. It is very stressful, and we tend to ask our family and friends for relationship advice. Sometimes it can be really hard to know when it's time to let go. People can tell you all they want - that you need to get out and move on. Some see everything as black and white, a simple solution. Things would be so much less complicating if we could turn our emotions "on" and "off" that easily. I, personally, have never been able to do that with anything much less relationships. I analyse everything, over-think. Although I still would say I am guilty of over-thinking on a regular basis, life has taught me many lessons. It took me years to realize that even though my family and friends can advise me until they're blue in the face, I must make my own decisions and decide what path is best for me. So back to the jeans, they had to go! I keep thinking... maybe I need to revamp my wardrobe... no more jeans for my future... maybe find a different style?

No comments:

Post a Comment