Thursday, February 19, 2009

Am I a "classy" woman?

I keep hearing over and over from guys in different situations that men are looking to date and have relationships with "classy" women. I keep wondering to myself, what does it mean to be classy? So, I began searching the internet for the answer to my question. After reading many websites define a "classy" woman - I found one flaw... a woman can have all the qualities that make her classy according to these websites but it doesn't mean she has "class". I firmly believe that it is not in the "what" you are but the "how" you are. I believe it's how you act, how you carry yourself, how you express yourself and how you live your life that makes you "classy". So, this is my definition and how I hope to define myself.
1. Knowledge, Wit, Sense of Humor: can't have class if the person behind it has no interesting thoughts, opinions, views or observations. You have to have the ability to share and challenge ideas.
2. Style: gotta have a sense of fashion. While it's fun having an ecletic style, gotta save that for the weekend.
3. Femininity: ALL classy women are in touch with their feminine nature. My mission in life is not to challenge men and compete with them, I enjoy pleasing men and being proud to be a woman.
4. Elegance: elegance is hard to describe. It's the way a woman carries her self in just about every situation. It's her voice, movement, body language, ways she stands, sits and responds to those around her. While some parts of this are part of our nature, the rest are acquired through habit, friends and observation.
5. Success: if you are classy and successful - you don't need to run around and tell everyone how smart or successful you are! Actions speak louder than words.
6. Pride: learn to get "angry" the right way. Learn when to simply walk away from a bad situation.
So, after researching, I have decided it clearly requires work in these areas of one's personality toward being a "classy" woman. Personally, I don't think I am doing too bad. Ok, so I didn't score 100, but I didn't fail either. Let me know what your thoughts are on this subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment