Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Pond or Puddle?

My lovely daughter once told me... mom, you're getting older. When it comes to dating it's not like you have a pond to fish from... now you only have a puddle. Thanks baby, love you too! It is every woman's dream to meet a "good guy". One that will sweep her off her feet and transform into her knight in shining armor. I have been talking with lots of friends recently and it is really interesting to listen to their ideas of what a "good guy" truly is. Let's look at some of their thoughts... 1. A good guy will never cheat on you no matter what. Personally, I think all men have the potential to cross that infidelity line. 2. Good guys never get angry or upset. Ok, so you are telling me good guys aren't human? 3. All the good guys are taken. Nope, couldn't be farther from the truth. Sometimes, you have to redefine what a good guy really is and you will start seeing guys coming out of the woodwork. A good guy is a nice man that can relate to you on many levels. Someone you are compatible with. 4. Good guys always fall in love. No, if he is in a "relationship" only mode, he will only indulge you. 5. A good guy will never leave you. Wrong, again. 6. Good guys are romantic and affectionate. Not always. While he may be generous and give you the shirt off his back, he may not know how to unleash the passionate love in his heart. So, after listening to my friends, I wondered should I still hold out hope that I will find my own "good guy", who will be the kind of man I have always dreamed of? Of course I should! So who cares if my pond has gotten smaller with age and now I am only left with a puddle... I plan to have the time of my life "puddle" jumping. Like I have heard... when it rains it pours. Have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment