Thursday, February 12, 2009

Step on the brakes...

Have you ever pretended to the man that was your fiance, lover, boyfriend... that you're okay with now just being his friend? I keep lying, pretending, making it look like it really doesn't bother me and that I truly hope he finds happiness. Well folks, I can't do this anymore. I actually feel like I am bursting from the inside with the desire to tell him exactly how I feel and why, however I must express this in a very mature adult way. Ok, well not too mature and adult, gotta have some fun! We have all been in one "those" relationships at some point in our lives. Whether it was with a boyfriend, girlfriend, husband, wife... we all fell completely head over heels for them instantaneously. Let's say, such as in my life, it was a boyfriend. He was cute. He was fun. He was intelligent. He said and did all the right things. But, your friends told you that he was trouble. His parent even told you to think twice. But you just didn't listen, did you! You like him too much. You had already gone too far in your emotions to turn back. You had exchanged "I love you's". You clicked from the very beginning. You made a great team. But one day, out of the blue, something just seemed different. Soon, he became distant. He avoided you. He didn't want to discuss his feelings and seemed quite comfortable keeping you at a distance but keeping you hanging on at the same time. You wondered what happened to your love and you felt lost. Well, I actually was in one of those relationships until a month ago. Once our relationship began to fizzle, there was nothing I could do to stop it. Okay, so maybe our breakup didn't make me lose sleep, but it was still dang frustrating! Love is a huge emotion that can radically and completely dictate someone's life. If it were possible to perform a few magical steps in order to make someone fall in love with you, we would live in a world of nothing but broken hearts. Then again, don't we already? There is no formula for generating the authentic warmth of love. It is a recipe that cannot be copied. Everyone has the capacity to love. So where do I stand now... remember when I said we focus all our energy on NOT LOSING HIM? Well, step on the brakes and refuse to lose any more. It isn't weak because we decide to give up, most often "giving up" is the absolutely best thing we can do. The best thing for ourselves - our self respect, our self esteem, confidence and power... and the best thing for a potential relationship. So don't wait for your guy to grow up, I'm not. I found the absolute best thing I can do for myself is to take him at his word. Friends it is, buddy! Wave goodbye, and get yourself back out on the market. Now that is scary... Pond or Puddle? Keep reading friends... love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment