Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Love is like quicksilver in the hand...

"Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away." I have written in my blog about my relationships, the adventure to find myself and about my road to self fulfillment and happiness. I even threw out all the old jeans and went on a shopping expedition to replace them with new ones. Nothing felt right, nothing fit comfortably. That's when I decided that perhaps it wasn't entirely the jean's fault... perhaps I had changed also and was part of the problem. I read self help books, how to create a beautiful inner you and started looking more in the mirror and seeing the person I truly wanted to be. On my quest to self improvement I also went to a women's professional leadership training class. The guest speaker spoke about living life and how we should be simplicite. No clutter, no mess, just organization. Of course, this then became my new goal. I started cleaning out closets (I only have 3 plus a walk in) and pulling out clothes I had not worn in a year and donating to charity. That's when I came across my old jeans, frayed-holes in them-faded jeans. Just like all women, I had to try them on to see how they fit... after all it had been a while since I had seen them or given them a chance. Long story short - they felt like they had been tailor made for me... a perfit fit. Was it the jeans? Was it me? Or perhaps could it have been a combination? Personally, I believe it was all three.

No comments:

Post a Comment