Friday, July 10, 2009

Didn't Cinderella wear jeans?

Who says Cinderella had to always be dressed in the gown of every womans dream. Perhaps Cinderella also wore jeans... Carmine (my old jeans) and I have been back together for three months now. He swooped down and threw me on the back of his trusty steed... ok, we really rode in his truck but the horse sounded more romantic. Like I said in the previous post, "Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away." I quit cluthing and left my hand open to whatever God decided was the right course for my life and if the sand blew away... that's what happens. By opening my fingers and my heart the sand has remained and seems stronger, more secure than ever. What is my life like today? I feel like Cinderella. But of course, the Callahan version wearing a pair of comfy jeans. When I go to work I get to play dress up, but I look forward to coming home every evening because I know what is waiting for me. We are both different now, we both realized what we almost lost or should I say threw away. While my children are the joy and pride of my life, Carmine is my love. I am blessed that I finally realized that maybe not all jeans are the same... or perhaps it was the way I was wearing them... or perhaps I expected them to be miracle workers - when the truth was that I also needed to change so they would be a better fit. What does matter is that I am wearing them, I feel blessed and I look forward to a long happy future.

No comments:

Post a Comment